sabato 16 aprile 2022

Six birds in a pink sky

 


An original piece from the series “Point me at the sky!”, oil and pencil on paper, 35.5 x 24 cm, 2006.

When I was a young boy I danced like a madman following the tune of an old vinyl of my parents, "Point Me at the Sky" by Pink Floyd. I didn‘t understand the lyrics, I didn’t know that the song was about a pilot that crashes for a fault on his plane. I figured it was an exhortation to take the flight. In the bright contrast of the hot summer afternoons, I saw the black silhouettes of birds flying against the backdrop of a clear sky. I saw the leaves of the plants filtering the sunlight, and revealing the consistency of their veins and in some cases the shadow of a small frog, motionless, resting on them. To the tune of that song, watching some fish caught in a basin of zinc, I imagined them free and strong in their river, darting happily in the glow of the August sun.

This original painting is available for sale at the price of 280 US$, shipping included. Contact me in case you are interested in more information about my work, the sales prices of individual works, or the availability for work on graphics.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento